Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Finished Product...


Soooo, here they are... the baskets I've been talking about. These are so much cuter than I had ever hoped they would be. I love them! The best part is that the boys were able to pick out their own fabric... which was no easy feat! Trying to find cute Eastery fabric without a touch of pink or purple is IMPOSSIBLE. Seth turned down fabric after fabric, over and over, again and again for even the smallest amount of pink... because after all, PINK IS FOR GIRLS. I definitely am aware of that now if I wasn't before. I finally managed to talk him into the blue bunny fabric (with some pink in the ears) to go with the orange dotted fabric that was a must have. Sam got the blue dragonflies and Aaron "picked out" the green fabric to go with jelly beans. I must admit that I was most excited about the cute pink flowers and butterflies... so pretty! Yes, our little girl has an Easter basket of her own... I figured I might as well go ahead and make her one so I could make sure they were all matching.

I just love the fact that I can save these baskets for many years to come... and they take up just a fraction of the space of a normal basket.... plus they cost a fraction of the price of the custom baskets. I quilted the fabric to make it a little sturdier, so hopefully they will hold up well. We will see......They are all loaded with lots of sugar and waiting for our eager little men.

Our tradition is to give them a new pair of sandals each year in their Easter basket. Even baby girl got a pair this time around... I just couldn't turn down these sparkly pink shoes for $3 on clearance :)

Sam and Seth have been talking about the Easter bunny's visit all day today and are so excited about hunting eggs outside this year. And we are really looking forward to the Easter Service tomorrow morning... so glad that everyone in the house is healthy enough to attend!

Hope you all have a very blessed Easter!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

Sooo cute, Kim-e! I will have to copy your idea... I love it! Would make great gift bags too... I mean IF you had millions of hours to make them! I had to laugh... I am sitting here listening to a sermon online... BECAUSE my kiddos are too sick to go to church... I guess we are trying to go for being sick on each holiday this year! Oh well... have a Happy Easter... and I love it that you are collecting things for your little girl... so fun.. huh!?!!

Donovan Doins said...

Ok, super mama, those are awesome. You never cease to amaze me. They are perfect. I bet the boys just love them. Happy Easter