Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fun in the Sun!


We've been spending way too much time outside this week... our house is a MESS:: laundry piling up, bathrooms disgusting, and little messes everywhere... but I'm NOT complaining!!! We have been enjoying every little bit of sunshine. We had 3 days of rain over the weekend so we were more than ready to get out. I keep wondering how we made it thru the winter without going outside everyday... and I honestly don't know.

The rain really beat up on my tulips and daffodils [as well as my new little veggie garden :o(] but they just popped right up and look more beautiful than ever. Yesterday, the boys picked endless amounts of dandelions so we made a dandelion chain to "decorate" our front porch... big mistake! Within minutes I was completely overcome with allergies - the first since moving to Wisconsin. I was totally itchy-eyed and stuffy-nosed for the rest of the day. We'll be staying away from those from now on!

3 comments:

Donovan Doins said...

We are just begging for sun.....it has been in very short supply. Enjoy every minute of it.

PS. you pic wouldn't show up today, I am bummed.

Daniela said...

Oh, how i miss dendelions! The flower tips actually make one of the yummiest syrups you can imagine! So glad you're able to go outside; that's so precious! Sorry about your allergies!

Christa Forsythe said...

I didn't get to see this picture before.. it wouldn't come up, but it is awesome!!! Love, love, love the dandelion chains... sorry they gave you allergies! Your flowers are beautiful... fun to see them on here because I know it will be AT LEAST a month til I see mine... it is still snowing out there!