Friday, April 30, 2010

Call me CHEAP!


Everybody knows I love a good deal.... it's so much fun! Well, what's even better is FREE!!! Yeah, I am back to my dumpster diving ways. There is a huge dumpster down the street filled mostly with yard debree and a little bit of old, broken furniture. Last week we pulled out a headboard and footboard that I am in the process of sanding down to paint for one of our boys. A couple days ago we found a seriously dirty playhouse.... I mean seriously dirty! But, it seemed to be in decent shape so we threw it in the back of the truck and brought it home. It took two days to scrub, scrub, scrub. There was mud and pitch all over this thing. One side is still coated in deck stain overspray. But, it's basically clean (on the outside ~~ there's still quite a bit of dirt and pine needles inside the walls. How'd they get there?) and fully functional. And did I mention FREE!?!?! Our back yard is pretty much void of shade until late afternoon, so this is really nice for Aaron to hang out in. He's lovin' it! Yay for us!

*****

And... with almost 80 degree weather today, what else could we do but this???



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Donovan Doins said...

You always were my dumpster diving Diva. Way to go. Love the action shot of Seffers. LOL

Christa Forsythe said...

I would dumpster dive too.... if there were dumpsters around! Way to go... I will call you cheap if you want me too, but I would prefer to call you SMART! Hugs!!!