Monday, May 10, 2010

Yumm-O

Well, I got my Mother's Day steak, and it was sooooo good. Unfortunately it was a little too chilly to enjoy on our new, beautiful picnic table, but that's okay. We just got some kind of round steak, whatever was cheap... when you have a husband that grills like mine, you don't need an expensive steak. We decided to try grilling ciabatta bread as well... definitely my favorite part of the meal. You should really try it.... cut your ciabatta in half, butter it, sprinkle with garlic salt and parsley and throw it buttered side down on the grill for a few minutes = absolute perfection! The rest of our meal included baked potatoes and salad - with strawberries and sunflower seeds, another new favorite!!! We ate entirely too much and had loads of leftovers, YAY for us!!!

Sooo, here's what we did with the leftover steaks:



Fry bread topped with sliced steak, shredded cabbage, cheese, diced tomatoes, ranch dressing and A-1 -- just a little concoction I came up with.... yes, I am pregnant! :) It was soooo good too, and will become a regular around here, I'm sure. With the extra fry breads we made dessert... cinnamon fry bread! Aaron really enjoyed it, though I'm not sure how. His newest phase = eating with his forehead... fun for him... not so much for me :)

Warning: If you try and make any of these items... Please be aware that they are NOT for the health conscious eater! Well, except maybe the salad.

We still have a huge chunk of steak left... hmmm, what to do for tomorrow night? We just eat way too well around here. I'm thinking we are gonna have to diet next week for sure...


~*~*~*~*~


Oh, and here is a project that Sam whipped up today while he and Dad were out working in the garage. From what I hear, he built it almost entirely by himself, using some wood pieces out of Ad's scrap box, a few nails, and a hammer. (I must admit, I was a little nervous watching him with that hammer the few moments that I was out there) He can't wait to paint it and hang it up in his room... we'll have to see about that! What a creative little kid! He is so good with 3-dementional building.... you should see some of the things he builds with legos... it's incredible!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

Wish I could have been there for Mother's day! That looked amazing! And WOW Sam! So proud of his little creation... looks like he is taking after his dad and mom!

Daniela said...

Looks like an amazing meal!!! We should start meeting for Mother's day at your house... :o)
That airplane looks so amazing, and Sam looks so proud on the picture! Yay, Sam! You guys are way too creative--come share some of that creativity with me, please!!! :o) I love following your blog on all the things you're creating all the time! Can't get enough of it! You guys rock!