Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Finished Product


We finally got around to finishing Sam's masterpiece... yay! He's been asking each day since he built it so I finally caved today and got out the paints. Actually, it worked out perfectly because yesterday we went garage saling and found this really cool wooden drafting table.... for $5!!! And, a little chair to go with it... for $2!!! I just can't tell you how excited I was. We put it to work right away this morning. Seth was a little jealous that he didn't have a project to paint so I sent him upstairs to find Daddy and see what they could whip up in the garage. Not long after, Seth came rushing in (beaming from ear to ear) with his "speeder boat that's really speedy." Both boys did a great job painting and had a little lesson in patience... since they had to wait for the paint to dry between coats. Sam can't wait to hang his up in his room just like Grandpa hangs his airplanes :)

By the way, we used some leftover paint that we had from our little kitchen makeover... they are sample paints from either Home Depot or Lowes (can't remember, but the both do them). They are a great option for kid's projects because they come in smaller amounts for a smaller price ($3) but have better coverage than kid's paints.... plus you can choose from tons of colors and shades. And sometimes you can find sample-sized cans on the mis-matched cart for only 50 cents. Can't beat that!

~*~***~*~

And some more yummy food that my husband made me for dinner.... just another reason it's great to be married to him! I'm so spoiled!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

I love the table and chair... and I am jealous that you can go garage sale-ing! There are garage sales... 1 hour 1/2 from here ;o(

The food looks yummy... makes my mouth water and it is 7 am here!

Great job on the projects... kiddos!