Friday, May 28, 2010

Craft Week


Okay, so our first week of summer vacation was a busy one... lots of cleaning, playing, napping (even me!) and CRAFTING!!! I plan to keep up with a little bit of school related stuff... just so Sam doesn't forget everything we've worked so hard to learn. We'll probably do some reading each day... along with a different topic: coin counting, special phonics sounds, math flashcards, etc. for just a few minutes. It is summer vacation after all. BUT this week we took a break, a much needed one since I was feeling a bit under the weather for much of it. We did a few fun little projects instead.

The first project we tackled was the diamond weaving thing (not really sure what it's called). Sam did great at it, and requested yarn crafts for the next 70 days. Funny kid!!! Sooo, the next day we made woven flowers. This time Seth and I worked on one as well. I was very impressed that Seth was able to do it. I had to help start the string with each new color, but after that the boys were able to do it completely on their own. In fact, I actually like the boys' much better than my own... theirs have much more texture and color. After we finished the woven centers, we markered the petals. I found the idea off some random blog I was reading... I could probably find it if anybody wants good instructions. Finally, our project for today was tissue paper collages. (No yarn today... if anybody has any fun yarn craft ideas fit for kids... about 70 of them... please let me know) I didn't have any tissue paper on hand, but I remembered some tissue confetti I bought at some party store for a quarter (clearance!)a couple years ago -- because you just never know when such things will come in handy. I got this idea off a different blog actually... surprise!


So anyway, it's been a good week BUT I am very glad it's the weekend. Yay! I just love having my hubby home! And this is a 3 day weekend... double YAY!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: