Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Room Redo

I am crazy, I know, for blogging at this crazy hour (it's midnight!), but I have always been a night person.... but tonight especially. It's Adam's first overnight call (here we go again!) and I've never been able to get to sleep very easily when he is gone. I better get used to it though, cuz it's about to start happening quite frequently. We have been so blessed to have him around so much this past year. It's the most we've seen of him since he started this journey 6 years ago, and we've really loved every moment of it.

Anyway, on to my post...

One of my projects for the summer includes a redoing a room... the boy's room. It's really lacking in personality and... well, it's just lacking in everything really. So my goal for this summer is to make it a fun place to be. It's the biggest room in the house so we have lots of space to play around with - a good thing, too, since Aaron will soon be moving up to join the big boys. My plan is to dress it up in a nautical/patriotic theme. There are lots of ideas floating around in my head, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens... I do tend to change my mind over and over again. I'll keep you updated on all the fun stuff. I am guessing it will be a long process since I don't really have the energy (or budget) to do it all right away.

SO... here are the four corners of said room as it is right now... BORING!


******
And, I just can't get enough of this kid.... not only is he absolutely adorable, but he also has the sweetest, funniest personality. Of course, I might just be a little bit biased :)


(before and after photos)

We recently cut his hair (for the 4th time already!!!). I guess you could say he needed it. I kinda liked his wild and crazy do, but it was getting a little hard to comb, especially with his eating habits. It's amazing how fast this little guy's hair grows. Sam and Seth hadn't even gotten their first haircuts at this age.

That's not his only big news... In the past couple weeks he's gotten 3 new teeth - his final bottom front tooth as well as 2 bottom molars.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

Can't believe Aaron has his molars!!!! Ethan still doesn't have his!!! I will watch out for fun decorating things or ideas for your boys.... I did find these bright red, white and blue huge buckets at Walmart for 5 dollars (I only bought red... you can see Eden in it on my blog picture for today) was thinking it might be cute to have those in the room for holding toys??? Think about it - if you like the idea let me know.. I could always send them up with Dad and Mom.

Donovan Doins said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with. fun ufn