Saturday, October 16, 2010

The "Fairy" Farm

We went to the Fairy Farm (as Seffer's calls it) with our homeschool group yesterday. It was loads of fun! Farmer Tom gave us an awesome tour of his farm... starting with the baby cows on up to the cows that are on maternity leave and about to deliver. He showed us what they eat and how much (a lot!!!) and where they milk the cows each morning. Did you know that cows have 4 stomachs? And, they have no top front teeth? The boys were able to feed and pet as many cows as they wanted... and amazingly enough all 3 really enjoyed this! I think learning beforehand that they had no top teeth and therefore couldn't bite them was a huge help in that :) After all this we took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and picked out some nice pumpkins to bring home. Adalie was great through the whole thing.

Afterwards, we took our picnic lunch to a park we found nearby and played in their GIANT sandbox. It was huge! It had 4 or 5 of those digger tractor things (I have no idea what you call them) that the boys (including my biggest boy... aka Adam) thoroughly enjoyed before going on a treasure hunt. We ended up coming home with a frisbee, 4 hot wheels cars, a tennis ball, a hockey puck, and a ping-pong paddle, a shovel or two, and I'm sure a few other things that I can't remember at the moment... a profitable day I would say!!!

This week I received my birthday present in the mail... a pair of sewing scissors and pinking shears. I am so IN LOVE with these already. I have never had a pair of nice sewing scissors so I was so amazed at how great they cut... LOVE! So having received those, I went on a little shopping trip to JoAnn's today. Well... I needed something to use those scissors on you know :) Can't tell you what I'm working on though because it just might be a Christmas present for a couple of little girlies I know... well.. I don't know actually... because I've never met them.... but I hope to... someday :)



Anyway, this is Adalie today... couldn't leave you without another collage of her... lest you forget how adorable she is :)


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Donovan Doins said...

You are gonna love your ghingers - they are my best scissors EVER. No boys are aloud to touch them.

Can't wait to see what project you are making.

Wanna skype this week? Maybe Thurs?
Love you

Donovan Doins said...

PS - Like your visitor map!