Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Taco Tuesday!


I don't know about you all, but I get so tired of trying to come up with an idea for dinner each night. I am constantly texting Ad asking him what sounds good to him.... the usual reply being "food." Yeah, I know, but what kind of food? So we came up with the weekly menu idea... which we've actually tried before, somewhat successfully. It's never been completely successful, however, because I am one of those people that gets sick of something after having it more than a couple times in a short period of time. Another reason is because I get these cravings for certain things that don't happen to be on our menu. Sooo, I just give up.

Well, I've come up with a solution to my menu problems (I think... I'll let you know for sure in a month or two). I have left Saturday and Sunday as "FREE" days... so all those cravings for random foods will be made on the weekend. Also, I've left each meal pretty generic, I.E. Stir Fry can be any combination of meats and vegetables put with rice or noodles, tacos can be anything from chicken tacos to enchiladas to nachos (the possibilities here are endless), pasta can be Kraft macaroni and cheese with hot dogs (a favorite around here, especially when AWANA starts up and we're in a hurry) to lasagna, etc... You get my drift. So, now I have some kind of direction when trying to come up with a meal, and my texts to Ad will be much simpler, like "would you like chicken fajitas or beef?"

Yay for me! Well, I am off to get working on those Chicken Fajitas!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Donovan Doins said...

Awesome idea!! May have to borrow it.