Thursday, August 19, 2010

Patches


Several weeks ago I found a small tear in Seffer's sheet, and (as often happens around here) I made a mental note to fix that right away...

WELL... a couple days ago I finally decided I probably ought to do something with that little tear, which had by then turned into a HUGE tear (14in.). It was going to take a LOT of sewing to repair that one, so I thought I would just cover it up instead. I used some of that iron-on fusible stuff and then sewed around it, and I think it turned out pretty cool.... So did Sam, who decided he wanted to trade sheets with Seth, who of course wouldn't dream of doing that :) So, to prevent some mysterious tear from appearing in Sam's sheet in the next few days (I just know that's what would happen... mother's intuition), I decided to do one for him as well. It's pretty cute too, though I did realize AFTER I finished it that I put the shark swimming upside down... OOPS!

Their room is looking pretty good... Seffer's does finally have a bed, another $15 craigslist find. It is currently in the process of turning blue. It's my goal to have that done this weekend, but we will see. So much to do, so little time :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

I love watching your "little" project transform your home. Thanks for sharing and keep going.. it is looking sooo amazing!