Thursday, September 24, 2009

Priceless...

Well... today (my birthday) started out pretty good (Adam wished me happy birthday right at midnight) but it quickly deteriorated from there. Samuel became really sick last night so we were up, off and on, taking care of him and just listening to him as he moaned and tossed back and forth in his bed just above our room. Poor guy! It's been a terrible day for him. He
has a very sore throat and is throwing up just about everything, which is making his sore throat even more unbearable. Please pray that he gets better soon. Aaron was recently sick as well, and it lasted 2 full weeks!

But, in the midst, of the sickness I received a precious card from Sam. Except for supplying the paper and helping him sound out a
few words from across the room (stop & mom), I didn't help him at all. In fact, I was not even allowed to see it till my birthday. It is definitely something I will treasure forever! It's funny how the most simple thing from your child can melt your heart and bring goodness to a very yucky day!



2 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

Happy Birthday to you! I love the card... and know what you mean about it being a treasure.. if little kids only knew how much things like that meant to us mom...

I hope your evening goes better than your day!

Daniela said...

That is so special!!!
Hope Sam's feeling better!