Monday, September 28, 2009

Back to normal... somewhat


Sam's disease (mononucleosis) of the past week has had us all pretty frazzled. Nobody except Aaron was able to get any sleep for about 5 days straight. His throat was so swollen and hurting so badly that he just cried and cried for days. He was basically living on Advil and Tylenol. We could tell exactly when it wore off because, exactly 5 hours after each dose, he would just start wailing and run to the bathroom to throw up. It was just no fun at all! Last night, finally, we were able to sleep thru the night... such a wonderful feeling. Today he woke up with plenty of energy and smiling like nothing had happened. He's still hurting, his voice still sounds terrible, and he took a 3 hour nap, but he's feeling a TON better. We are ALL feeling a TON better! Thanks for all the prayers... I don't know how we could have made it thru this past week without them.


*****



I thought I would share with you my awesome birthday gift too. I have been wanting a new ring for a few years now. My wedding ring is so big (not that I am complaining!!!) that I am constantly scratching the boys, catching my sweaters, pulling my hair, etc. that I wanted something a little flatter and simpler. So Ad bought me one for my bday this year. I absolutely love it!!! It's not much simpler, but it is flatter, and I can't wait to wear it - I had to get it sized, which takes a few weeks... bummer! All in all, it was a good birthday, spent with the people I love the most!


How could it possibly get any better?



3 comments:

Donovan Doins said...

AHHH, I am so happy that Sam is doing better. I was so worried about all of you.

Awesome awesome Bday present. Good going Ad, you're a good Egg.

Daniela said...

Oh Kim-e! So happy Sam is getting better! Poor little guy! Glad you all finally got some sleep!
What a beautiful birthday present! I love it!!! Incredibly beautiful design!

Christa Forsythe said...

I LOVE THE RING.... It is beautiful! I am glad to hear the little guy is feeling better - poor kid!