Friday, September 18, 2009

Kindergarten Korner

SAMUEL

We don't really have a whole room in our house to devote to kindergarten so we've set up a nice little corner. I found this great desk for $15 on craigslist and painted it red so it would look like it belonged in our living room. It's AWESOME! Sam loves it and he LOVES kindergarten. So far, we've been mostly just reviewing the vowels and their sounds. He's really great at picking out the vowels in each word. We are doing Bible class first thing each morning and both boys are soaking it up. We are memorizing verses, learning Bible doctrines and new songs. It's so much fun! We typically start between 7:30 and 8:oo and end by 10:00.

Today was an especially great day because Sam got to pick his first prize out of the prize bag. He has to earn 10 stickers (10 perfect papers) in order to pick a prize. Seth actually got to pick a prize as well. He looked at me with those huge brown eyes and said "I go to school too." How could I refuse that! So we spent the rest of the morning outside blowing bubbles and playing with rocket balloons.



The 3 cutest boys in the world!


Another thing Sam has learned recently is to ride his bike without training wheels. He picked it up so amazingly quick. I couldn't believe it the afternoon that Adam came in and told me Sam was riding his bike. What an amazing kid!

3 comments:

Donovan Doins said...

AWWWW, I love the pics. Way to go mom, perfect school spot. I know you are doing a great job.

Christa Forsythe said...

so fun to see your pictures... how could I not LOVE the red desk!!!!! Sounds like you guys are doing really well... and way to GO Sam on his school work... and way to GO Kim-e on your teaching!

Daniela said...

Oh, I jus tlove your pictures, and I am so impressed with the American system of homeschooling! Thumbs up! So good to hear both of your two big boys are interested in learning!