Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Eve


We thought we should do something fun to celebrate the ending of 2011... so we packed up and headed downtown. I can probably count the times we've been in downtown Milwaukee this year on 1 hand. Really! It's such a busy place and I am such a non-busy person that I tend to stay as far away as possible. It is neat to see the cool buildings (I love the architecture of all the old churches), the lights, and the lake occasionally though.

Anyway... we went downtown to visit the Betty Brinn Children's Museum. It was really fun! The kids, especially Adalie, really enjoyed it. There are so many different exhibits to learn about different things... plumbing, brick laying, and mechanics to name a few. Aaron was especially thrilled with the costumes. They have a preschool playground with a fruit and vegetable stand and fruit trees that can be picked. It even had a working water pump... Addie was so thrilled with it that she decided to climb into the well and soak herself :)

There was plenty to keep us occupied for several hours. It was a very busy day and hard to really enjoy all the exhibits because of the crowds, but I am sure we'll be back at a less busy time. We recently found out that the employees of Children's Hospital (Adam works there for 1 month of the year) receive a free family membership for a max of 4 people, so we took advantage of that and only had to pay for 2. This means I can take Seth, Aaron, and Addie for free anytime during the week when Sam is at school. I think it may have been a little young for Sam... but the other 3 thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

We ended the evening with pizza and were in bed by midnight... a rare occasion for us.

P.S. Notice the rather poor quality and blurriness of my photos lately??? My little Sony camera is dying :(. It has been the best camera ever. We've had it for almost 8 years now and it's been through amazingly harsh conditions (4 children... lol!). They have dropped it, slobbered on it, poked their little grubby fingers into lens numerous times, etc. It has faithfully recorded thousands of special moments. I have loved it! But it's time for another... soon!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Donovan Doins said...

Wow, what a neat place! Looks like you guys had an awesome time.
Love U

David said...

I wish I could have gone there with you! I am glad you had lots of fun!

Christa Forsythe said...

Looks like a great time! Sorry to hear about your camera... I'm in the same boat... my camera is biting the dust too... the focus isn't what it use to be... saving money for sure... I would die without a camera!