Friday, July 1, 2011

Vacation's Over!

We had such a great visit with Gene and Patty. I can't believe all the things we fit in to those few short weeks. Our days were packed full of activity. Here is a little photo journal for you of just a few of the things we were able to do:::
Bowling... not once, but TWICE! I wasn't sure we'd get them to go after the first time, but after a few days of resting (and avoiding the stairs if at all possible) they were ready for another try. I am in awe of Patty... she has mean bowling skills. She wooped us all, every time! I am lucky to get 1 strike or spare per game (I really like those gutter balls)... she gets them every frame! It's insane!

Painting the fence... Patty and I went on a Joann's run and came back to find the boys painting away. It looks so nice!

Tie Dye Party... I loved the vibrant colors! Unfortunately, they didn't really stay too vibrant after washing. We learned the trick for future reference... cotton (the more the better). All of the t-shirts that were 50% cotton faded a ton when washed. Addie's ruffly t-shirt and shorts were 95% cotton and they stayed pretty vibrant after the washing. This was totally fun. Patty and I really enjoyed unwrapping them all later that night to see just what each one looked like... so exciting!

Strawberry Picking... this was my first time ever berry picking. We came home with TONS of yummy strawberries (and several not-so-yummy ones too). They were so good on our ice cream that night... and we have lots more in the freezer.

Campfires... the guys found this awesome firepit on one of their excursions to the hardware store. We are loving it. We've roasted many marshmallows and hot dogs on it already. I know it will be well used over the next few months.

Milwaukee Art Museum... I finally got to see the wings open and close. It wasn't really all that exciting, but it's something I can mark off my list of things to see and do :) I love the art museum and could really spend hours and hours there.... HOWEVER, just moments into our visit Seth was asking to leave. HMMM! Oh well! It was fun despite the all the shhhhshing and dragging we had to do.

Our days really were packed...
Adam and Gene ran a heater/air conditioning vent from the basement all the way up to the boys room, Patty (hopefully) taught me how to read a pattern (we'll see how I do on my next solo one), we had a garage sale for 2 days, Gene spent a night on-call with Adam at the hospital, we had a birthday party, rode bikes, read hundreds of stories, built tents, made art projects, and just totally exhausted ourselves.

Thank you G & P for coming to visit us! We loved every minute!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Donovan Doins said...

If you tye dye again, when you wash the shirts add 1/4 cup vinegar to your wash. It doesn't keep it from totally fading, but helps alot.