Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Very Good Day....

We have been experiencing several record breaking, very hot days this past week. Today, we woke up to temperatures under 60... whew! It felt so good to be cold. So, we grabbed some cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets and headed to the park. We had it all to ourselves... I guess it was a little chilly for a park day. But the boys had a blast, running wild while Addie and I snuggled up in blankets on the sidelines.

On our way home we spotted several rummage signs and (of course!) had to stop. Boy did we hit the jackpot! Here are just a few of our fabulous finds:
I found this cute little shelf to go right above my stove.
i
Sam got a really cool talking Bumble Bee (as well as several new t-shirts and shorts, but how boring is that to post about).
Seffer's got some spiffy new dino jammies (2 pair!) and a dalmation (all of the kids got to pick out a Beanie Baby out of this HUGE tub of Beanies).

I found these adorable dolls!!! I remember having one just like this when I was little... complete with the ice cream cone. I had actually tried finding one of these for Addie not too long ago and couldn't find one anywhere... how awesome was that to find them today for just $1. It will be a little while before Addie can play with them -- they are about the same size as Aaron.

These capris just might be my favorite purchase of the day. I know they might look just a little boring on the outside.... BUT.... when you open the pockets up.... you just might find..... $51!!!
Yep, that's what I call a good garage saling day!!!

We finished off a super day with Chili-dog Pizza, a favorite meal in our house... then Ad headed out to pick up this new toy:::
I have been watching on Craigslist for several months for just the right one, and I finally found it. I knew I was seriously out of shape, but with our last several bowling trips I have become increasingly aware of this. We got this thing in the house and I went right to work... I put it on the lowest settings at the minimum workout time (10 min.)... and I nearly died half way thru. I am gonna be a buff woman in no time!

I wasn't the only one worn out by the events of the day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

That does sound like the best. day. ever.!!! Love the 51 dollar part! That is a gift... how fun for you... I got a free hamster cage, wreath, a metal truck and plastic animals from a garage sale that was over and the owner had put a huge pile of stuff on the curb... saying free!! Please take! I love it! Now that I am in the real world... garage sales are in my future... I think!