Saturday, March 13, 2010

Seffer's 3rd Birthday


Well, I think we really made his day.... sausage and eggs for breakfast, McDonald's for lunch, custard at Culver's, and tacos for dinner. Yes, our lives revolve around food here :) We all just love to eat!

We did presents and cake the next day... and once again, I think we made his day. For the last few weeks, anytime I have asked him what he wanted for his birthday, his only response was "Cake!" so it was pretty easy to please this little guy. For his gift this year, we made him a kitchen... pictures to come when it is complete... hopefully soon! We turned an old entertainment center ($15 on craigslist) into an amazing little kitchen. Along with that, we got him his own dishes, pots and pans, and I made him a very cute chef's hat and apron. He actually picked out the fabrics himself.

We've decided to do a cake swap from now on... homemade one year and store bought the next. With Aaron and Seth's birthdays so close together and Sam and baby girl's so close we thought we'd do a trade off each year. With the amount of work Adam always puts into them, I am thinking 2 cakes a year is plenty. So Seffer's got a cake from Sam's club this year, and there were no complaints about that... it was YUMMY! By the way, we have found a new favorite kind of ice cream ~ Blue Bunny's Double Strawberry... if you haven't had it you should definitely try it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

I read this a while back, but the pic didn't come up... so I rechecked it... I love the idea of changing an entertainment center into a kitchen. What a great idea!!!! It is super cute! I love the hat and apron too! You did a super terrific job! So creative!

Donovan Doins said...

I can't wait to see what you guys did. Sounds so creative. Good idea on the cakes, they are such works of art