Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sugar Cookie House


I have always wanted to tackle making my own gingerbread house. I finally did on Christmas Eve. Well, technically it was a Sugar Cookie House... I am not a huge fan of gingerbread (though do I think it looks very pretty). I was worried that the cookie would be too soft and saggy or too hard and crumbly, but it worked out perfectly. My favorite part is the windows made from placing Jolly Ranchers in the cookie before baking.

I had originally planned to have the boys decorate the house, but after all the time and effort put into measuring and baking it all... well, I just wanted it to look... nice. I did recruit my awesome hubby though... because he has mad decorating skills, as we all know. He did the awesome vines! It was a bonding experience... Adam says making a gingerbread house together would be a good requirement for marital counseling. :)

Anyway... it was fun! I think I'll do it again sometime.

P.S. Just to let you know... Adam did not just do the vines!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

David said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I wish you could save them!