Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mmmmm!


This is what we worked on today... such a long process, but sooooo worth it! I probably should have waited till Friday (my birthday... my 30th actually!!!), but that's my annual excuse to go out and buy the most chocolatey cake that I can find... definitely don't want to pass that up.

I have the best recipe for the pie crust... it has never failed me once and it is so simple... AND, there are no eggs so the boys can gobble up all the scraps with no worries. This was just enough to do my pie today, but when Ad is decorating we have to at least "one-and-a-half-it" if that makes any sense :). He can get pretty crazy with the dough as we all know.

2 c. flour
3/4 tsp. salt
2/3 c. shortening
6-7 Tbsp. cold milk

Mix the flour and salt, cut in the shortening, add the milk, and roll it out..... told you it was easy :) and soooo yummy!

Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

That recipe is very similiar to the one I use... but I don't use cold milk... will have to try that! Looks good... we made apple pie yesterday and it almost gone... we are pie lovers for sure! I love, love seeing your life... wish we lived closer to you guys!