Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Movin On!


Yay for Sam! He's movin' on... to 1st Grade! I am very proud of him. He has learned so much this year. I think he really enjoyed each subject... except for handwriting. His favorites were math and phonics. He graduated last Saturday, along with 3 other homeschool kindergarteners at our church. They got up and said Psalm 118:1 and told us what each was thankful for. Sam was thankful that his Mom was his teacher. Then they repeated Colossians 23:12 (I think) and then told us what they would like to be when they grow up. Sam would like to be a policeman and an artist. Hmmm... we'll see what he says next month :) I love how they constantly come up with something new. Finally, they recited a poem about growing and learning. It was very cute and I was so proud of Sam for memorizing it so well. I think we really underestimate the abilities of a child.

Anyway, for now we are just enjoying our summer... doing very little handwriting, and loving it!

Sorry about the pictures... it was pretty dark in the auditorium so I wasn't able to get very good ones.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Daniela said...

What a handsome young first-grader!!! Well done, Sam! We are proud of you!!! Love, Micah and Daniela

Donovan Doins said...

Yay Sam and Mom, good job to both of you!!

Christa Forsythe said...

What a handsome little dude... congrats Sam!