Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Another Update...


We made another addition to our boys' room.... a bookcase bench. Sam and Seth have TONS of books but nowhere to put them (they are currently being stored in boxes in the centipede closet in the basement. Soooo, I put Adam to work once again.... he's so amazing!!! He built a beautiful bookshelf for them and we painted and lacquered (couldn't hide all that pretty wood grain) it red to match the decor. Then, I made a little quilt top to protect the bench seat and make it a little more comfy. We found button snaps to keep it in place... those things are great (another new favorite crafting tool for me :) yay!!!). I am just loving the transformation... it's really beginning to look like a little boy room, without going overboard.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Donovan Doins said...

Love it, great job guys!!

Christa Forsythe said...

Sooooo cute... and you just CAN'T go wrong with RED... I love it... I have splashes of it all over my house - and am thinking it is time for more!

Daniela said...

Awesome! I just love how creative you guys are! Pretty neat project!!!