Saturday, June 12, 2010

First Installment


Okay, so I've been working on our boys room, and these are the first little changes we've made....

We found this headboard and footboard at a garage sale for $15 (yay!) and brought it home, sanded it, and painted it. LOVE IT! Now... if only I could find another that somewhat matches it for Seth.

On top of the bed is a duvet cover I made for Seth (Yes, it is Sam's bed with Seth's blanket). Seth wanted a red cover, but Sam wanted blue (which I've not yet started on). Sooo, we just borrowed it for the sake of the photo. Sam's blanket will look just like this {only in blue}.... and Seth's bed will (hopefully) look somewhat like this {only in blue}. Hope that's not confusing you - because I am totally confused just writing it :)

Next are the silhouettes (my favorite part!). I made them out of fabric (because I want them to last a long time and paper seems to fade a lot more) and did the iron-on stuff, which was super easy. And, I got the frames at a garage sale for $2 for all 4... woohoo! And of course, I just painted them. :) So... the grand total for the sihouettes and boat picture = $8. Can't beat that!

There are still a few more things in the works, but that's really all I have to show for now... I've been working on some things for the baby girl room too. But, that's for another post.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Donovan Doins said...

Awesome Kime, can't wait to see the final product. Bet the boys are lovin it.