Sunday, December 27, 2009

Leftover Ham


We had lots of leftover ham after the holidays so this is what we turned it into.... well, some of it that is. We've still got a bunch so if you have any good ideas for using up the rest, let me know.

I just used this recipe for dinner rolls to wrap the chopped ham and shredded cheese and it turned out perfectly. Baked them at 400 for about 15 minutes. It made about 8 pretty big pockets. YUMMY! This will be a regular around our house from now on. I bet you can make them with just about anything too... taco pockets, pizza pockets, I'm sure I can come up with a ton of good stuff to fill them. : )

2 1/4 tsp yeast
1/4 cup warm water (110 - 115 degrees)
1 cup warm milk (same)
3 Tbsp shortening
1 egg
2 Tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 1/2 cup flour

In large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth and elastic. Dough will be sticky. Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and rise in warm place about an hour.

Divide into 8 chunks and roll them into 6-8 inch circles. Fill it with your ham and cheese and fold it in half. Seal the edges and bake on greased sheet.

ENJOY!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

Sounds yummy! I will have to try it after I wean Eden.. no cheese for me this time... (well... I can have cheese if I want days of hardship and suffering ;o) ) it is so hard going without pizza!

Unknown said...

YUM! Those look amazing.