Monday, February 7, 2011

Another Ordinary Day

So... here are some photos from our trip to Widmer's Cheese Factory. It was a small business started about 100 years ago by a Swiss immigrant and passed down thru the family. The bricks you can see in the photo are the original bricks used to make brick cheese back in the early 1900s. We watched a video on the cheesemaking process and sampled some yummy cheeses. The boys LOVED the cheese, but Sam was a little disappointed that he didn't get to see much of the actual production... my very inquisitive child! Addie was a hit with all the little old ladies, who just ooooed and awwwwed over how adorable she was in her little cap :o)

Here's a little sampling of our day... Addie was just cute and happy as usual. She is really starting to get some little bumps on those bottom gums.

My boys, on the other hand, just keep me guessing all day long. I never knew just how much trouble and mischief little boys were before I had a few.... a TON! You just can't leave them alone for a moment! We had a bit of a rough start to the day so our movie night (we always watch a movie when Ad's on call) was canceled. Over dinner, I gave the boys a small proposition that I didn't think would be a possibility... if they picked up all the toys, clothes, etc. in the living room, hallway, their bedroom, and Daddy's room... and then vacuumed the whole thing... maybe then they could have their movie back. THEY DID IT! I kinda feel like I was a little too soft on them and just let them get away with all their disobedience of the day, but I couldn't really go back on my word. I really didn't think they'd do it!

I am now just enjoying a little Mommy/Daughter time with Addie... I love the time after I put the boys to bed and just get to be with her for a while. It seems like she kindof gets lost in all the busyness of the day.

Have a good night!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

I was thinking about what you said about being too soft as a parent... hum... I think that all the time. I get frustrated out of my mind ... all I want them to do is obey... and they just are constantly pushing limits... I just love it when they obey... we did some art projects this morning... does it get easier the older they get? Cuz it is sure hard!

Donovan Doins said...

I feel the same way...always looking back thinking I could have disciplined differently (More consistantly) and realize that parenting is a process of learning, maybe failing, growing.

You're doing a gret job.