Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's Christmas Again....


Well, at least it was for me :-)

My Christmas gifts arrived today... FINALLY, after a month of anticipation. I am so spoiled! I have had this secret desire for new silverware for several years now, but just couldn't bring myself to mention it. Silverware is EXPENSIVE you know! The fact that we had a total of approx. 8 forks (dinner and salad combined) and company coming got me looking around. Our initial thought was to scavenge at the thrift stores... however, I think everyone must have lost their forks because there wasn't a single fork around (though we did manage to find some spoons). BUT THEN we found this amazing deal at Oneida.... a year end CLEARANCE... woohoo (I love the word clearance)! So, we bought a whole set... they are beautiful!!! I love them! And, they came just in time for our company a couple weeks ago.

Unfortunately we didn't get to share the rest of our gift with company... the cookware was back-ordered and only just arrived this afternoon. I put them right to use (though I have to admit that I considered using an old pan... cuz I didn't want to get my new one dirty and all... foolish, I know, but they are just so pretty and shiny!). It's going to take a little learning cuz they cook very differently than my old ones... but dinner was definitely delicious!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

So glad for you... wish I would have known you wanted silverware! I have a whole brand new box of it out in storage... I am a weird person, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the miss matched set I have collected from the thrift store... every piece is different and I love them! I try to collect as many patterns and shapes as I can... a weird collection, I know, but it makes me happy!

Celebrating withy you today! Love the cooking set.... I think I need one of those!

Donovan Doins said...

Dinner looks great. Fun new toys.

Daniela said...

oh i can feel ya! same situation here with plates and pots! finally got myself a new set the other day too! :) still waiting for a good deal on a stainless steel cook set... :)
that spanish rice looks delish--what recipe do you use?