Wednesday, July 23, 2008

An Unexpected Blessing

Well, today I received a little unexpected blessing - in the form of Patty. She called to ask if she could stop by for a minute before heading to do her grocery shopping. Little did she know that Samuel would want to go with her. So she took Sam shopping, and I got a couple hours of one-on-one time with Seth - something that pretty much NEVER happens. But, it gets better, after shopping Patty called to see if she could take Sam home for the afternoon as well. This is great! Not that I don't love Sam with all my heart, but it is nice to have a little time to play with Seth.

In fact, I have learned today that he is so much smarter than I give him credit for. We've had a chance to look at several books and he has pointed out many things that I've asked him about. He doesn't really get a chance to do that with his older and much faster brother. In fact, Seth won't usually even look at books when his brother is here. One of Seth's favorite things is his piggy bank, so we spent several minutes putting money into the bank. He also loves to help take laundry out of the dryer and put it onto the couch for folding. Then we made grilled cheese sandwiches, but of course he ate too much cheese during the making that he didn't eat much of the sandwich :) Now, he is sleeping peacefully next to my chair as I type this (with his brother's bear and gun - shhh, don't tell!). I guess we really wore him out... me too actually, so I am off to join him in a nap.

No comments: