Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just another day...

...but a good one! We were busy doing all sorts of good stuff today.

We've been having a few issues getting school finished up lately... so yesterday I tried to provide Sam with an incentive, a paper mache project. Well, it didn't work out for yesterday, but we were able to pull it off today. Just in case it looks a little funny, just let me tell you that I have NEVER done this or even seen it done before. This was a total experiment for us! I think the boys liked it... though it was very difficult to keep the top-heavy, very wobbly balloon down in the bowl. We had them go bouncing around several times, spreading the icky flour paste everywhere. I think it'll take a few more layers to get it thick enough, but the boys had enough for today... and I do love projects that take up several days... Busy boys are the best boys!

The sun was shining today too!!! Woohoo!!! So we bundled up (because it was still quite chilly out there) and went out for some fresh air. We've gotta enjoy every ray of sunshine we can get... because it seems to disappear quickly. Last week, after the 4th straight day of rain, Sam asked: "Mom, is it gonna rain all 12 days of spring?" I was really beginning to wonder that myself! The boys had a few bicycle races and then set to work making "stick art" while Aaron gathered sticks for himself and tried his hardest to keep them from his artistic brothers. Meanwhile, Addie scooted all over the place trying to stuff as many sticks and bark pieces into her little cheeks... she's like a little squirrel =)

We ended the day with some of my favorites.... the first ice tea of the season and taco pizza. Yumm!!!



P.S. In case anybody is wondering... no that is not Sam's natural ear color. =) He came out of the bathroom yesterday and told me that his ear was really hot... it just so happens that he also had a red marker sticking up out of his pocket. I obviously haven't passed on my habit of always trying to hide my ridiculously huge ears...

2 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

I can't believe you have never paper mached it up!!!?!?! That is crazy. I paper mache everything! When I lived in Portland and was teaching school I paper mached all the planet for my classroom. Can't wait to do that for Ethan's bedroom sometime! It looks like a fun "just another day!" You are amazing at doing fun things with your kids. An inspiration to me!

Donovan Doins said...

So what is the big deal about the ears, you and I both know that big ears are AWESOME and the people who sport them are more AWESOMER!!!!

Love U, Keep posting the crafts I need all the ideas I can get.